Wednesday, December 04, 2013
Tuesday, December 03, 2013
Monday, December 02, 2013
Sunday, December 01, 2013
- Cat’s can recognize their person’s voice according to this article. Of course that does not mean they will deign to come to your call.
- This article shows that the security protocols for our nuclear missiles were not always so robust, as the launch codes for more than two decades were 00000000.
- Here is a good podcast speculating on the idea that that we are all living in a computer simulation.
- This a very fine article about attempts to understand how Vermeer got certain effects in his paintings.
- Apparently there is a fungus in Chernobyl which feeds on radiation,.
Wednesday, November 27, 2013
Tuesday, November 26, 2013
- You should read this very good short story, "Paper Menagerie" by Ken Liu.
- It probably is a good idea to delve deep into your search results before you buy, if you want to pay less, according to this post.
- This is an amusing retro website, proving the adage that some things never change.
- When I was in school, tracts and tomes by Wittgenstein were the most profound things that I read. This article explains some of the reasons why he is still relevant.
- This is a well reasoned article as to why taking and posting “selfies,” can be good for young women.
Friday, November 22, 2013
It is almost time for the Thanksgiving Holiday in the United States, and I naturally have a cocktail ready for you to start the festive season.
- 1.5 ounces of vodka
- 1 ounce of an orange liqueur (I prefer triple sec)
- 1.5 ounces of lime juice (freshly squeezed!)
- .5 ounces of cranberry juice
Pour the ingredients, carefully, into your remarkably handsome cocktail shaker. Shake the contents with verve and élan. Strain the mixture into your exceptionally fashionable azure cocktail glass. Sip slowly as you complete your plans for world conquest.
Thursday, November 21, 2013
Monday, November 18, 2013
Sunday, November 17, 2013
Possible tornadoes top list of Sunday weather worries trib.in/1hNOLWQ"
"Kevin Pang UGH!
National Weather Service issues "extraordinarily rare" tornado warning over NE Illinois including downtown Chicago http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/local/breaking/chi-forecast-warm-windy-and-stormy-weekend-20131116,0,3131638.story …"