Thursday, September 05, 2013

Libation for the Week

I’ve been reading “The Thin Man,” by Dashiell Hammett, so I am now craving a 1920’s cocktail.  So this week we will be sampling the:

Red Death

Ingredients

  • 1 ounce of vodka
  • 1 ounce of triple sec
  • 1 ounce of amaretto
  • 1 once southern comfort
  • 1 ounce of sloe gin
  • 1 ounce of orange juice
  • 1 ounce of lime juice
  • 1 maraschino cherry as garnish

Method

Pour the ingredients into your elegant shaker.  Shake, shake shake: shake, shake shake.  Add ice into a very tall glass.   Pour the concoction into your handsome glass.  Add your lucky cherry on top.  Drink heartily while pondering the eternal verities.

6 comments:

Susan Flett Swiderski said...

Ohmigod. After drinking considerably more alcoholic libations with our friends since last Friday than I would ordinarily consume in a couple months, I think I'll pass on this recipe and stick with tea for the foreseeable future.

Laoch of Chicago said...

susan, tea is always a fine choice.

Remembering Grace said...

Yummy.

I haven't had a drink in years, but I love your libation posts... living vicariously, I guess! :)

Twisted Scottish Bastard said...

Sounds nice, but perhaps a waste of sloe gin, especially if it's home made.

Laoch of Chicago said...

michelle, it is nice at times to live vicariously. That's one of the reasons I have always loved reading.

tsb, my Irish ancestors nod approvingly at the idea of making your own sloe gin.

susie said...

Shake your booty. (You started it.)