Sunday, May 11, 2014

Things to Read

  • Here is a sad and poignant piece about a cancer doctor’s experience with losing his own wife to cancer.
  • This is an interesting article from a journalist who to live only using Bitcoin to pay for things for a week.
  • Here is an insightful piece on the logic of Buddhist Philosophy.
  • Feeling impecunious this week?  Find out how you can maximize your calories per dollar at Taco Belle here.
  • Apparently young blood rejuvenates old brains.  I always knew I would end up as a vampire.
  • This is an interesting piece about a book which tries to compile all the knowledge necessary to rebuild the world after an apocalypse.
  • Having trouble making a critical decision?  This provides some rigor to your process.
  • As antibiotics become less and less effective, there is growing worry that we will return to a world where people die of a myriad of bacterial infections.  This article explores some approaches in a post antibiotic world.

9 comments:

Antares Cryptos said...

Hope they come up with a synthetic version, before they drain the young. Wait. Didn't the Rolling Stones get those?

Tamago said...

The first article is really sad. The lie was a lie from love. How hard...

Laoch of Chicago said...

ac, I fear we will have to do it the old fashioned way.

tamago, it was a bit heartbreaking.

susie said...

The Taco Bell article was interesting. Whenever I have only change in my pocket, I know I can get a bean burrito and a small diet coke. Protein AND fiber.

Rubye Jack said...

What's ironic about the cancer case is the wife probably knew and never told her husband she knew.

Laoch of Chicago said...

susie, beans are nutritious and cheap. There is no question that more people should eat them.

rj, that could well be. Such stories always make me feel endlessly sad.

Friko said...

brain fodder, all of it. will I still need new blood if I do my brain exercises regularly?

angryparsnip said...

The piece about the cancer doctor experience was so heartbreaking.

cheers, parsnip

Patience_Crabstick said...

My dad was just telling me about the young blood thing. I thought he was nuts!